Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Addictions

One of my trusty, faithful followers has asked me to update my blog. And so it shall be.
(There are only like 4 of you out there, so hopefully you know who you are.)

It is (almost) officially summer and I am SO ready for some pool time.
Too bad I have this minor limitation called "Rent" that forces me to spend time in an air-conditioned prison from 9 to 5 every day.

Anywho- let's get to it!

1. Summer Bags:
I usually buy myself a nice new bag about once a year. Last year I bought myself a silver and white tote from Coach that I'm still using and am still in love with.
This year, I might follow the same path and grab something like this:

coach.com



I love the gold detailing and the gorgeous brown trim....

Which leads me to my next addiction...

2. Gold Jewelry
Lately I've been wearing lots and lots of gold jewelry....
My everyday staple has been the Lotus Necklace from Dogeared....

shopstyle.com


I love that it's so delicate, yet the gold tone really works well with tanned skin (which I don't have. YET.)
I usually pair it with another gold necklace or two and pop in some gold and diamond stud earrings or earrings similar to these:


shopstyle.com

I'm aiming to get a great gold watch to go with my gold jewelry- any suggestions?

3. Nude Nails
Now, for me this is generally a trend that I follow every summer. My fingernails are usually a variation on a nude shade during the warm months, mostly because I think that they go with everything and they really help bring out a tan.

I've tried all kinds of "nudes" and I have some favorites:

OPI- Matched Luggage
To me, this is the perfect nude nail polish. It's not too "pinky" and it's truly a great color that makes your tan really pop.




Essie- Allure
I find this color very similar to OPI's Bubble Bath, which is a well-known cult favorite worn daily by Giada De Laurentiis. It's got pink undertones and is a really soft and feminine color.

4. Messy Side Braids
Although side braids aren't for everyone, and they're a little difficult to pull off if you have heavily layed hair (like I do) or short hair, they can be a fabulous and beachy summer hairstyle.

To me, when I think of this look, it's epitomized by these two styles:


The look seems effortless, and if a few pieces fall out, the look only improves. I think I'll be working on perfecting this style this summer. If you're like me and you hair isn't quite long enough to pull this off, try putting a few clip-in extensions in to add a little bit of length to your hair.

5. Last but not least, the booze.
For those of you who know me, you know I love the booze. No really.
Summer is one of my favorite seasons, simply because the drink options seem limitless.

One of my favorite summery drinks is the Michelada

ricardosolar.com


 This drink, made with beer, tomato juice, hot sauce, worcestershire, soy sauce, lime, and salt, is one of the best things about sitting outside on a summer evening. Yum.

Mojitos
Mojitos are a bright and refreshing way to get your daily dose of Vitamin C. Mint contains vitamin c right? No? Oh well.
They're a bright and refreshing way to get your daily dose of booze.

Made with mint leaves, cane sugar, white rum, club soda, and lime, they are one of my favorite things to make at home. They're a little bit labor intensive, but totally worth it.


All this talk about cocktails and Coach has made me ready for Happy Hour!!
Until next time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment